Patiala: 3 killed, 10 injured in ammonia gas leak near Shambhu area in Patiala

Punjabupdate.com

Patiala, Feb 20 (IANS)- Three persons died while 10 others got injured after they inhaled leaked ammonia gas at one of the food processing units located near Shambhu in Patiala district

The injured were admitted to Government Rajindra Hospital.

Doctors attending to the injured said at least four of the 11 admitted were seriously injured.

The gas leak was suspected from Himalaya Fresh Protein Factory Pvt Limited in Sandharsi village. The factory had freezing facility for peas and potatoes.

The residents from the village were evacuated to safer places.  

Initial reports suggested that the gas leak took place late night and continued till the wee hours, resulting in the death of three.

The eight injured worked at the same factory unit, while the others were living in the surrounding areas.

Administration has rushed the police and medical staff to the spot.

Read more