MCC Panel meets over generation of revenue
Chandigarh, July 29:-
A meeting of committee constituted by Smt. Raj Bala Malik, Mayor, Chandigarh to enhance revenue sources of the Municipal Corporation Chandigarh was held here today in the conference room of MCC, which was attended by member councilors namely Sh. Rajesh Kumar, Sh. Mahesh Inder Singh Siddhu, Sh. Davesh Moudgil, Sh. Anil Kumar Garg, Additional Commissioner, Sh. Sorabh Arora, Joint Commissioner, and other senior officers of Municipal Corporation Chandigarh.
During the meeting the financial status and sources to enhance the income of Municipal Corporation and following issues were discussed in detail:
· Possibilities be explored to allow petrol limit instead providing separate vehicles to the officers excluding senior officers in the Corporation to avoid expenditure of maintenance and services etc.
· Detail of vacant properties in the rural area & urban area maintained with estate branch and building branch be prepared and tabled in the next meeting.
· Proposal be prepared to allow advertisement in all the vehicles of Municipal Corporation to generate revenue.
· Proposal be prepared to collect charges for garbage collection in 13 villages and commercial shops.
· Permission be given to Dhabas and eating joints to allow table and chairs outside and corners besides their premises for the lunch and dinner on rent bases.