Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting
9th November, 2020
Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator & Sh. Sanjay Kumar Beniwal, Director General of Police at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Home, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, UT & Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services & Director Principal, GMCH attended through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that number of covid cases have increased from 55 to 111. The number has more than doubled. Out of 111 covid cases, 29 belong to Chandigarh, 40 to Punjab, 18 to Haryana, 16 to Himachal Pradesh and 08 others. He also mentioned that PGIMER has tested 3,362 covid samples from patients coming from neighbouring states and found 8.7% positivity rate. Dr. Ram further stated that during the last week, 1,062 patients were provided physical medical treatment in OPDs. He also mentioned that every Deepawali, nearly 50 patients become blind due to crackers related accidents. Hence, he supported crackers’ ban particularly during covid period. Acting Director Principal, GMCH 32, Dr. Jasbinder Kaur mentioned that they have tested 1,417 covid samples and found positivity rate of 7.1%. She also mentioned that due to increased number of covid cases, Sector 48 hospital, which was closed, has been re-opened to accommodate corona affected patients.
The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh directed the doctors to increase the OPD facilities after Deepawali.
Dr. Amandeep Kang, Director Health Services stated that they have tested 5,858 covid samples and the positivity rate was 8.6%, which showed an increase in trend. She also mentioned that 168 persons have been diagnosed with Dengue and 708 persons have been kept in home isolation for covid. Dr. Kang further mentioned that during the last week, 14,823 persons were provided OPD facilities in Sector 16 Hospital and other Centres.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 696 active cases and their positivity rate was 8.5%, Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 360 active cases and their positivity rate was 7.2% and Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that they have 876 active cases and the positivity rate was 8.67%.
3. Sh. Mandip Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh informed that more than 25,000 people have been penalized for violation of covid protocol; such as not wearing of masks and breaking social distancing norms.
4. Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser mentioned that National Green Tribunal has passed comprehensive order regarding crackers, which supports the decision already taken by the Chandigarh Administration.
5. The Administrator directed Sh. Mandip Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh to return the deposits taken from traders, while holding draw of lots for deciding stalls for sale of crackers.
6. The Administrator appealed to the residents to take precautions and strictly follow the covid protocol during Deepawali celebrations, in view of rising number of corona cases. He also directed all hospitals to restore the original OPD facilities for medical treatment fully after Deepawali is over.