Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting.
21st October, 2020
Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. Sanjay Kumar Beniwal, Director General of Police, Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Home, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, UT & Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services & Director Principal, GMCH attended through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Director, PGIMER stated that they have 105 covid patients in Nehru Extension Block, out of which 19 belong to Chandigarh, 24 belong to Punjab, 22 belong to Haryana, 06 belong to Himachal Pradesh and remaining to other states. He also mentioned that they have tested 565 covid samples, out of which 35 belonging to Chandigarh were found positive. Acting Director, GMCH-32 stated that they have tested 912 covid samples and only 40 were found positive. She further mentioned that the positivity rate was only 4.4%. She also stated that they have intensified contact tracing. She further mentioned that they have 156 patients and it is necessary that Sood Dharamshala may be closed, since very few patients are remaining there. Dr. Amandeep Kang, Director Health Services stated that they have tested 931 covid samples, out of which 57 were found positive. The positivity rate was 6.1%. In the RT-PCR testing, they have found 2.4% positivity rate. She mentioned that fogging has been done in Maloya and Faidan Village to prevent diseases like Malaria, Dengue etc. The Administrator complimented Director Health Services for opening of OPDs in surgery and orthopaedics, in addition to other facilities.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 619 active cases, Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 297 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that they have 810 active cases.
3. Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh stated that more than 21,000 people have been challaned for violation of covid protocol such as non-wearing of masks, social distancing etc.
4. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT stated that mobile covid testing vans should be placed near temples, gurudwaras during festivities, so that devotees could volunteer for such testing.
5. The Administrator directed Police Department to be alert during festival season to ensure that there is no crowding and gathering of people during various celebrations and is properly regulated to prevent spread of infection.