Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting
16th September, 2020
Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator, and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services & Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director, PGIMER stated that they have 295 critical patients, out of which 69 belong to Chandigarh, 70 to Punjab, 32 to Haryana and 17 to Himachal Pradesh. He also stated that they have tested 788 covid samples, out of which 188 were found positive. Among the positive samples, 137 belong to Chandigarh. Dr. B.S. Chavan, Director Principal, GMCH stated that they tested 580 samples, out of which 463 were RT-PCR & 117 were Antigen Test. He also informed that they have created additional 155 beds for moderate and severe covid patients in GMCH-32. The Administrator complimented GMCH for this achievement. Dr. G. Dewan, Director Health Services stated that they have collected 1,139 samples, out of which 154 were found positive.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 2,776 active cases. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 1,222 active cases and Deputy Commissioner (In-Charge), Chandigarh stated that they have 2,991 active cases.
3. Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser stated that during the review meeting with the Union Home Secretary, the steps taken by UT Administration for increasing the testing almost by 4 times were appreciated. He also mentioned that as advised, the Administration will also give equal priority to medical treatment of non-covid cases.
4. The Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT directed that there should be greater care taken towards patients, who are in home isolation. It should be ensured that doctors should make regular phone calls to them to ask about their condition and suggest remedial measures.
5. The Administrator also directed that a special camp should be organized to test Police & Media Personnel, due to their frequent exposure, so that infection, if any, could be detected on time.
6. The Administrator directed PGIMER to enhance Antigen Testing and to go for confirmation with the RT-PCR, only in case of doubt. He also directed PGIMER to convert the Infosys Sarai fully into a Covid Hospital, so that at least 200 more patients could be accommodated.
7. The Administrator directed both PGIMER & GMCH-32 to ensure that dedicated facility is available for maintaining dialysis of mild covid patients, who are in home isolation.