10th May, 2021
Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over War Room meeting. The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser to the Administrator, Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Principal Secretary Home & Sh. Sanjay Baniwal, Director General of Police at Punjab Raj Bhawan. Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, UT, Sh. Yashpal Garg, CEO, Chandigarh Housing Board, Sh. SS Gill, Secretary Education, Sh. Vinod P. Kavle, Secretary IT, Sh. Uma Shankar Gupta, Director Transport and Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director, PGIMER, Director Principal, GMCH-32 & Director Health Services, GMSH-16 attended through Video Conferencing.
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
1. Dr. Jagat Ram, Director PGIMER stated that they have 402 covid cases in PGIMER, out of which 122 belong to Chandigarh, 139 to Punjab, 67 to Haryana, 18 to Himachal Pradesh & 56 from other states. He also mentioned that they have extended bed capacity to 451. He further mentioned that they have tested 3,208 covid samples, out of which 1,097 were found positive.
Dr. Jasbinder Kaur, Director Principal, GMCH-32 stated that they have 429 covid patients with them. She also mentioned that they have tested 1,906 covid samples, out of which 260 were found positive. Thus, the positivity rate was 13.6%.
Dr. Amandeep Kang, Director Health Services stated that they have tested 11,642 covid samples, out of which 2,655 were found positive. Thus, the positivity rate was 22.8%. She also mentioned that there were 7,840 patients under home isolation, who are being regularly monitored. She mentioned that 2,51,462 vaccine doses have been administered.
2. Deputy Commissioner, Panchkula stated that they have 2,953 active cases, Deputy Commissioner, Mohali stated that they have 10,693 active cases and Deputy Commissioner, UT, Chandigarh stated that they have 8,511 active cases.
3. Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh thanked the Western Command Chandimandir and all concerned officials for setting up a 100 bedded covid hospital in International Hostel, Panjab University. He inaugurated the site and assured that all possible help from Chandigarh Administration will be provided to this hospital for covid treatment. He advised the army authorities to arrange for oxygen concentrators and ventilators.
4. Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh also inaugurated a temporary covid hospital in Sector 45, where an existing dispensary has been converted into a full-fledged covid hospital. He directed that adequate arrangements for medicine, oxygen, equipments should be ensured at all times.
5. Keeping in view the fact that corona is a new disease with unknown variants and mutations and its treatment needs to be updated daily, the Administrator directed that the top doctors from all the three medical institutions must meet in video conference every day and analyze the medical treatment of critical patients. The senior doctors of PGIMER should guide all concerned regarding new medication and upto date protocol for the treatment of corona patients.
6. Hon’ble Administrator also stressed that there should be audit of each fatality, so that the line of medical treatment could be improved and lapses, if any, could be rectified.
7. Keeping in view the directions of High Court for setting up Unified Command Centre for tri-city, the Administrator desired to hold a meeting of all the three Chief Secretaries, so that a common strategy could be chalked out for fighting covid in the tri-city. The meeting will be held tomorrow.
8. Keeping in view the increasing number of covid cases and the continued infection, it was decided to extend the present corona curfew by another one week. The non-essential shops will continue to be closed. The night curfew from 06:00 PM to 05:00 AM will be implemented. Day time movement will be allowed. However, the residents are advised to avoid non-essential travel. Morning walkers will be allowed from 06:00 AM to 09:00 AM. Sukhna Lake will remain closed.
9. The maximum number of guests will be 20 persons in marriage events. Written permission from Deputy Commissioner will be needed. For funeral, the number will be restricted to 10. No separate permission will be required.
10. Detailed orders regarding corona curfew will be issued under Disaster Management Act.