Mohali Lockdown order on COVID 19. The following restrictions shall be in place:
Whereas in exercise of powers under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, the Government of Punjab has already issued the Punjab Epidemic Diseases, COVID19 Regulations, 2020 for the containment and prevention of the spread of COVID19
Whereas it is imperative to put in place strict measures of isolation and social distancing to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the district. Whereas in exercise of the powers conferred under the Rule 12 of the Punjab Epidemic Diseases, COVID19 Regulations, 2020, a lockdown is directed in the territorial jurisdiction of the district in public interest with immediate effect upto March 31, 2020 (inclusive).
The following restrictions shall be in place:
1. All shops, commercial establishments, offices and factories, workshops, godowns etc. shall close their operations.
2. No public transport services including operation of taxis/ autorickshaws etc. shall be permitted except transport of all kinds to and from hospitals, airports, railway stations, bus terminals/ bus stands. Specific routes to be allowed in the districts shall be decided by the Secretary RTA, Mohali today itself.
3. Strict home quarantine shall be observed by all foreign returnees (who landed in India on or after 09.03.2020) and their contacts/ other persons at risk as decided by the District Administration.
4. All such foreign returnees (who landed in India on or after 09.03.2020) shall also mandatorily contact the District Administration (by calling 104/ 112/ 0172-2219505/506) and register themselves for home quarantine (they may also register ਦਫਤਰ ਡਿਪਟੀ ਕਡਿਸ਼ਨਰ, ਐਸ.ਏ.ਐਸ. ਨਗਰ OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY COMMISSIONER, SAS NAGAR PH: 0172-2219500 FAX: 0172-2219501 EMAIL: [email protected] [email protected] 2 on the COVA Punjab Mobile App) – failing which they shall be liable for legal action.
5. People are required to stay at home; and come out only for essential services and that too one member of a family at a time and strictly following social distancing guidelines issued earlier.
6. Any gathering of more than 10 persons in public places shall be prohibited.
However, these restrictions shall not be applicable on the following essential services:
1. All the essential commodities and services as defined under the Order No. IFD (1455)-2020/855 of the Department of Food and Civil Supplies of 21.03.2020 and their manufacturing, supply chains, required transport and other logistics to ensure their availability.
2. Public Offices (including officials and employees) tasked with emergency, law and order and essential functions: a. DC/SDM/Tehsil & offices subordinate to them b. Police. c. Health d. Urban local bodies e. Fire f. Defence Establishments and Central Police/ Paramilitary Organizations including NDRF
3. Rail & Air Transport – they must comply with all the precautions and advisories issued by the Government.
4. Local Transport (as notified by Secretary, RTA Mohali). All goods vehicles including those carrying the essential items shall be allowed to ply. The drivers and workers loading/ unloading shall take necessary precautions.
5. Electricity, Water and Municipal Services
6. Banks and ATMs
7. Print and Electronic Media including social media
8. Telecom/ Internet and Cable operators and agencies appointed by them to maintaining communication, essential IT services and internet services
9. Postal services
10. E-Commerce and its home delivery
11. Shops of Food, Groceries, Milk, Bread, Fruit, Vegetable, Eggs, Meat, Fish etc. (including departmental stores and supermarkets)
12. Fair Price Shops under PDS
13. Restaurants/ eateries for take-away or home delivery only (no dine-in shall be permitted)
14. Hospitals, Chemists including Optical stores and manufacturing units of pharmaceuticals, bulk drugs, agro chemicals.
15. Petrol pumps, LPG gas, Oil agencies, their godowns etc
16. Any establishment designated by the District Administration as state quarantine facility.
The following shall apply to this office via email [email protected] for permission to continue to operations, and will be bound to comply with any directions issued:
1. Production and Manufacturing Units which require continuous process.
2. Other private establishments that support the above essential services or which are needed to function in public interest
These orders are to be meticulously complied by all concerned and violations shall be dealt with severely under relevant provision of the IPC. Executive Magistrates/ SHOs/ EOs in MCs/ ACA GMADA / Joint Commissioner MC Mohali and BDPOs shall be personally responsible for the implementation of these orders in their respective jurisdiction. They shall be supervised by the concerned SDM/ DSP.
DC Mohali 22.03.2020