PunjabUpdate Breaking : ਅਮਰੀਕਾ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਅੱਜ ਭਾਰਤ ਵਿਚ ਫਸੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਨਾਗਰਿਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਦੋ ਚਾਰਟਰਡ ਜਹਾਜ਼ਾਂ ਰਾਹੀ ਲਿਆਏਗੀ ਵਾਪਸ600+ U.S. citizens stranded in India are being evacuated today via two chartered flights arranged by the U.S. government : Sukhi Chahal
-ਕਿੱਥੋਂ ਚੱਲਣਗੀਆਂ ਇਹ ਚਾਰਟਰਡ ਉਡਾਨਾਂ, ਕੌਣ-ਕੌਣ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਨ ਅਪਲਾਈ ਵਧੇਰੇ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਲਈ ਕਲਿੱਕ ਕਰੋ :
-ਸੁੱਖੀ ਚਾਹਲ ਦੀਆਂ ਲਗਾਤਾਰ ਕੋਸ਼ਿਸ਼ਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਬੂਰ ਪਿਆ, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਤੇ ਭਾਰਤੀ ਪ੍ਰਵਾਸੀਆਂ ਲਈ ਮਾਰਿਆ ਹੰਭਲਾ
I am sharing this usefull email which will be helpful answering many of the questions for the NRI’s stranded in India. As a reminder, if you are a U.S. citizen interested in departing from India on a U.S. government-coordinated flight, and have not done so already, please provide updated information by filling out this form: https://tinyurl.com/uscit-india , in order to be notified of potential availability of tickets.
Those who have provide information through above URL will get the email similar to the one showing below. Please ensure that we are sharing this for information and awareness only and it does not gurantee anything else.
U.S. Embassy New Delhi has placed you and your eligible travel companions on a high priority list for two special repatriation flight for U.S. citizens and other eligible travelers departing from New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport on Sunday, April 5th, at 2:55 AM and 5:55 AM to San Francisco International Airport on United Airlines.
To confirm your seat(s), you must send an email to [email protected] by 8:00 pm today, Friday, April 3, 2020. Those who do not respond by that time may not receive a reserved seat on the flight. Please also inform us if you are unable or decide not to travel at this time. If we do not receive a confirmation email from you by 8:00 pm, today, Friday, April, 3, 2020 we will assume you will not be traveling on this flight. Please do not call us, but instead follow the instructions in this message.
For each passenger travelling in your family, please have them complete the ALL of the information in the table below:
First Name, Middle Name, Last Name , Date of Birth MM-DD-Year, Citizenship Country, Gender, Passport Country, Passport Number, Passport Expiration Date, Alien Registration Number (if any)
Only individuals (and their qualifying immediate family members) who receive this message directly from the Embassy and complete a DS-5528 by the check-in at the airport will be permitted to board the repatriation flight. A health screening will be conducted by Indian authorities prior to boarding and travelers who display any symptoms of COVID-19 will be denied boarding.
Should you need hotel accommodations prior to the flight, the embassy has identified the following Delhi hotels accepting reservations from U.S. citizens: Andaz Aerocity, JW Marriott Aerocity, Leela Ambience Gurgaon, Pullman Aerocity, Leela Palace, Hyatt Regency, Taj Palace, and ITC Maurya. In addition, OYO Hotels has offered rooms to U.S. citizens in the Delhi/NCR region. OYO hotels near the Airport include OYO 19046 Hotel Airport Suites and OYO 9030 Hotel Delhi Airport Plaza.
These flights are chartered by the U.S. government and the final cost per ticket has not yet been determined, but will likely cost around USD 2,500 per person. Passengers will be billed by the U.S. Department of State after the completion of the trip. Tickets are available through this billing mechanism only and may not be purchased directly or in advance. In addition to the cost of the flight you will be billed for any U.S. government-chartered ground transportation. You are responsible for arranging and paying for any other expenses such as hotel stays, meals, and onward domestic travel in the United States.
Passengers are allowed one piece of checked luggage (23kg/50lbs) and one carry-on each. If you exceed these limits you may not be permitted to board the flight. You must be able to physically get on and off a bus and move through the airport carrying your own luggage unassisted, or only with assistance from your travel companion(s). Porter services will be very limited and possibly not be available to assist you at the New Delhi airport.
All passengers MUST have a valid U.S. passport or other U.S. travel document (e.g. green card, visa) to board the flight. If any member of your party does not have a currently valid U.S. travel document, please note this in your reply email.
AIRPORT ARRIVAL & FLIGHT DETAILS
· We will confirm the exact time you need to be at the airport later but travelers should expect to need to be at the airport between 9:00 pm and 12:00 am on April 4, 2020.
· You must hand carry your valid U.S. Passport, Alien Resident Card (i.e. green card), or foreign passport with valid U.S. visa, along with any necessary medications. We also recommend you carry a refillable water bottle and some food or snacks as food services are not open at the airport.
· Passengers may bring one piece of checked luggage (23kg/50lbs) and one carry-on each. Given our expectations for a full flight, baggage weight cannot exceed 23kg/50 lbs. Pets will not be allowed on these flights.
· Although we will make every effort to process travelers efficiently, you should expect long wait times at the airport. You may be required to wait in spaces without internet access or air-conditioning. We ask for your patience under these extraordinary circumstances.
· This flight will take you to San Francisco, California and is expected to arrive at 6:00 am for the first flight and 9:05 am for the second flight. The U.S. government cannot assist with travel beyond the San Francisco International Airport. Travelers are responsible for any onward travel from or overnight stays in the San Francisco area. Since we cannot control exactly when the flight will be permitted to take off or land, passengers should allow for ample time between flights when making arrangements for onward air travel.
· While all possible efforts to ensure the safety and health of passengers will be made, it will not be possible to observe social distancing during this repatriation. Passengers should consult guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, the U.S. Department of State, the Government of India, and other reliable sources to make individual decisions regarding travel risks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
· How will I get to the airport? What if the police stop me?
· We may be able to provide a letter to aid in safe passage en route to the airport.
· Do I need to print form DS-5528?
– We recommend that you fill out and print form DS-5528; completing this in advance will speed up your processing time. Please fill out one form per adult and attach it to your email to [email protected] Minor children can be listed on the same form as the accompanying parent or guardian.
· How do I pay for this flight?
-The promissory note (DS-5528) serves as a loan repayment agreement with the Department of State for your evacuation loan/repatriation flight and includes information about repayment options that should be completed within 30 days of arrival in the United States. U.S. law requires that departure assistance to private U.S. citizens or third country nationals be provided “on a reimbursable basis to the maximum extent practicable.” By taking a U.S. government coordinated transport, evacuees are obligated to repay the cost of their transportation. The amount billed to evacuees is based on the cost of a full fare economy flight, or comparable alternate transportation, to the designated destination(s) that would have been charged immediately prior to the events giving rise to the evacuation. Visit travel.state.gov at https://travel.state.gov/…/emer…/for-evacuated-citizens.html for additional information on evacuation loan repayments, and other useful information on the role of the U.S. government in a crisis.
· How will I get to my final destination?
– As of this writing, the San Francisco airport is operating U.S. domestic flights. Passengers are responsible for making onward travel arrangements from San Francisco. Airport ticketing offices, ground transportation, and other services are open. You may consider checking http://www.atl.com/ before your flight.
· My Indian visa is expiring before the flight departure. Will I be allowed to leave India?
· Travelers should contact the FRRO before travel to ensure they have the appropriate exit permission. If you want to accept a seat but are worried about meeting Indian government exit requirements, please explain clearly in your response email to [email protected] so we can assist you.
· My green card is expired. Am I eligible for these flights?
· Only individuals holding a currently valid U.S. travel document will be permitted to board.
· Will we be provided any personal protective equipment (PPE)?
· Due to limited supply of PPE, you should additional personal protective equipment (PPE) if you have it.
· Will food and drink be provided on the flight? What if I have dietary restrictions?
· The airline operating the charters, United Airlines, will provide limited meals. However, we cannot guarantee what type of meal(s) will be served on the flight. We recommend travelers with dietary restrictions plan accordingly.
· Can I be upgraded to first class or business class seats? Can I pay for an extra bag?
· This is not a commercial flight, and cabin upgrades are not available. You may not pay for an extra bag.
· I hear there will be more than one flight. Can I choose which date to travel?
· No. To ensure the maximum number of U.S. citizens can be offered flights, we must assign your departure date.
· Will my service animal be permitted on the flight?
· A limited number of vital service animals may be permitted to board the flight, provided they meet vaccination and other animal transport requirements. Emotional support animals, comfort animals, and therapy animals are not service animals under Title II and Title III of the ADA and will not be permitted to board the flight. Please respond to this notification email immediately at [email protected] if you require a service animal.
· Can a caregiver accompany me on the flight?
· Only immediate family members (spouses and minor children) with valid U.S. travel documents may accompany a U.S. citizen traveler. Household staff and nannies are also not considered immediate family members and are not eligible for U.S. government-sponsored evacuation.
· I have a baby—can I bring my stroller?
· Families with a child younger than five who require a stroller may bring one.
· I might have COVID-19 symptoms. Will I be able to travel?
· Symptomatic individuals will be denied boarding. If you are experiencing symptoms, please let us know immediately by emailing [email protected] so that we may offer your ticket to another passenger. Call the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare 24/7 coronavirus hotline: +91-11-23978046 or toll free: 1075 if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
· What can I expect upon arrival in San Francisco?
· You will pass through two checkpoints—customs and immigration checks, and a health screening. You may experience longer than normal lines at each of these steps of the U.S. arrival process.
· Will I be quarantined upon arrival in the U.S.?
· Please refer to CDC websites for answers regarding self-isolation upon arrival in the United States.
· Will there be options to travel on a later flight?
· Due to the global nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and the worldwide demand for repatriation assistance, we cannot guarantee any additional U.S. State Department-chartered flights will be available for U.S. citizens wishing to depart India.
· When will commercial flights resume?
· The nationwide lockdown in India is in effect through April 14, 2020 in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As a result, all commercial flights have been suspended until mid-April at the earliest. We are unable to predict if the suspension will continue past April 15.
· Where can I get more information? ·
U.S. Embassy New Delhi COVID-19 webpage https://in.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
· COVID-19 Emergency Notification page by the Department of State:
· To learn more about the COVID-19 situation in the United States and globally, please consult https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
· Most recent guidance on Indian travel advisories is on the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website: https://www.mohfw.gov.in/
see the full video message also : click :
Chairman, Punjab Foundation
San Jose, California-USA